YEA YEA FRIENDS, WELCOME TO FRI-YAY!
I don’t know about any of you but I have been seeing and feeling the pressures of getting “Summer Body” ready and we JUST started spring! Grant it here in Austin, we have had some summer feeling hot days, it’s barely April people! All over Instagram, Pinterest, heck, ALL the social media platforms, T.V, and Billboards; There are ads and postings for getting that “perfect summer body”, or these incredibly gorgeous women in skiiiimmmmppy bathing suits in my IG feed, all while I still need a big sweater to walk outside in the morning from the “cool” air (Jeff says it feels nice while I’m freezing in 50 degree weather) and I’m perfectly happy sitting with my doughnuts and pasta.
I’m not hating on these people or the women in the skimpy bathing suits, Y’all are HOT! Get after it! I’m just struggling with the fact that it’s still APRIL and to be honest my love of food isn’t going anywhere 🙂 so I guess I’ve reached a point in my life where I’m working on being contented with what God has blessed me with and that includes this body that loves Tacos, Pizza, Doughnuts, Lots of eggs, and Pasta.
Which brings me to this Friday’s recipe, PASTA!! This is a simple easy recipe that will take you less than 30min. to prepare. I don’t know about you but there’s nothing like the stress of a 4-year-old and your man breathing down your neck in hunger. When they’re hungry they must be fed asap or little hangry monsters replace them both. So let’s get to it.
PAPPARDELLE PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS
PREP: 10MIN. TOTAL TIME: 25MIN. YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 lb Pappardelle, cooked al dente (slightly still firm), drain with colander.
- 6 tablespoons butter, (I love using Kerry Gold Irish Butter)
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups mushrooms, sliced, for this I used shiitake mushrooms but feel free to sub for your choice of ‘shroom)
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried sage (I prefer fresh, especially since we grow our own)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- In a skillet melt 2 tbsp Butter.
- Add garlic, allow to slightly brown, then add mushrooms, sage, Salt& Pepper.
- Cook until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Add remaining butter and olive oil.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- When Pasta is done cooking add the above mixture.
- Gently mix it all together with parsley.
- Top off with grated fresh parmesan and a couple additional sage leaves for good measure.
Et Voila, Dinner!
Why don’t we just put those summer bodies aside and enjoy some pasta, what do you say??! While we’re at it kick those legs up and enjoy the weekend, you deserve it!