Eeeeeverrrything can wait til Monday or maybe even Tuesday 😉 because it’s Memorial Day weekend y’all!!! We’re currently in Corpus Christi for the long weekend but I don’t for one second want to take away from the true meaning of this weekend. Some people may think it’s all about BBQ’s and beer drankin but “you” people would be wrong….
On Memorial Day weekend let us celebrate the Men and Women who fight for our freedoms, our nation, our United States of America. Let us celebrate those we have lost in senseless war, tragedy’s, and terrorisms. We THANK YOU for your courage, loyalty, and service! We will be BBQ’ing and drankin beers not only in your honor but also because you have helped to provide us all with the freedom to do so. THANK YOU.
Today I wanted to share with you a quick and easy sheet pan recipe. I figured that some of you may be making your way to a Memorial day celebration or BBQ in which you may have to bring a dish. This dish is so ding dang easy that you may even have a lot of these items already in your fridge, plus since this recipe calls to cook everything on one sheet pan it’s easy clean-up. It’s a Win/Win for everyone 🙂
SHEET PAN SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES
YIELD: 4 PPL. PREP TIME: 5 MIN. COOK TIME: 45 MIN TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN.
- one 12-ounce precooked sausage or kielbasa (pork, turkey, or beef sausage or kielbasa; I used beef polska kielbasa), sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 medium/large bell pepper, diced into bite sized pieces (red or orange pepper may be substituted)
- 1 medium/large summer squash zucchini, trimmed and sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 small potatoes optional
- 3/4 to 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- about 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (regular paprika may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper, or to taste
- 2 fresh garlic cloves thinly sliced optional
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup, and add the sausage, bell peppers, summer squash/zucchini, tomatoes, potatoes, and evenly drizzle with olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle with the onion flakes, smoked paprika, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and toss with your hands to evenly coat and distribute seasonings.
- Scatter vegetables in a flat layer and not piled on top of each other.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and have as much color as desired; toss halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
- Start checking at 30 minutes for doneness since all ovens, veggies, etc. vary.
- Optionally sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
- Dish is best warm and fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
There you go! Quick, easy , and mostly healthy!
Now that I’ve helped you feed you and your friends on this Memorial Day weekend I have just a little reminder about my partnership and promotion with JORD Wood Watches. You have until June 11th (just around the corner) to enter. Perfect gift for graduates and even Father’s Day. Click on this Contest link: https://www.woodwatches.com/g/loveofallofthethings to enter your name and email (it takes 2 seconds!) This will enter you for a chance to receive $100 off of a watch of your choice!! Let’s say you’re not the lucky one that get’s the $100 off You’re still a winner in my eyes, which means I’m going to make sure you still receive a little token of my appreciation for your follow by sending you $25 off of your order with JORD.
Now go! Enjoy your freedoms! Thank a Soldier and Enjoy your weekend!
Until next time Lovers!