I’m baaack! haha! My family and I went on our first family road-trip “vacation”, travelling from Austin, Texas to New Mexico, Arizona, California, to Nevada, then back through Arizona and New Mexico, then home to Austin (with stops in between) all with our 5-year-old in tow. Talk about a challenge!
First let me say it’s been my experience that road-trips in general can be exhausting dependent on how far and where you’re going. Our daughter did surprisingly amazing! I mean, she’s 5, so of course there were hiccups along the way, and funny enough those hiccups actually happened mostly when we weren’t driving, go figure. We were lucky enough to pack our cooler with some awesome road trip essentials (wedged behind my front passenger and the back seat) for us all to partake in. We were armed with Primizie Crisp Breads, Grandma’s Humus, High Brew Coffee, Austonian Whiskey (for us adults, der, NO drinking and driving was involved), Goldfish, and some homemade sandwiches, and fresh fruit. It’s my job to help keep us all happy and our Little has grown a small obsession with Primizie Crisp breads so much so she wouldn’t put them down when we tried to take a picture. Which means we always have to have them on hand, they’re the BEST from everywhere and anywhere! say’s our Little.
Yes, we’re ALL in ponchos. Don’t judge! We’re Texans in 62 degree weather here 😉 hahaha!
Her favorite’s are the Gouda and Garlic, Simply salted, and a surprise for a kid the new Broccoli Kale, shhhh she has no idea she’s getting her veggies in this snack as well 😉
As a parent you want to make sure your kids aren’t eating “bad for you” foods and I have no worries when it comes to Primizie snacks. Primizie snacks are made with all natural products, non GMO, and they’re even certified Gluten free. These snacks are great for the whole family (when our Little wants to share), perfect amount of crisp and hold up to all kinds of dips and cheeses. My favorite pairing is Primizie’s Italian Herb with Grandma’s Humus, and an awesome addition to any road-trip, picnic, or late night craving. They even have something for your sweet tooth in the Dolce Caramel, think the flavor of a churro but better and more “classy” ha! If you’re here in Texas you can grab your Primizie snacks in any deli section of HEB, Randall’s, or Central Market. For any of you Lovers outside of Texas you can purchase straight from the website or click on my Amazon link here: Primizie Snacks on Amazon
On our road-trip we made a stop to see my family in California for a few days. We made sure to hit up our family cabin in the Sequoia National Forest, along with some “MUSTS” for me, C.A.L.M (California Animal Living Museum), Murray Family Farms, Morro Bay, and even Santa Barbara.
I didn’t realize until we got to my parents how much I missed certain foods that remind me of good times in Bakersfield. If you’re ever in Bakersfield, California here’s a few places you should most definitely check out:
- Rosemary’s Family Creamery: for some of the best house-made Ice-cream I’ve ever had in an old school Parlor setting. My favorite is the Terry’s Jersey Jr (The regular size is too big for me) made with mountains of fluffy billowed chocolate whip intermingled with their amazing vanilla. Simplicity at it’s finest.
- Pyrenee’s Cafe: Awesome traditional style Basque food. It’s all great here and if you’ve never had Basque food you’re missing out.The sandwiches are also killer. I love the Hot Pastrami 😉 just look at its beauty!
- Mossman’s West Chester Coffee Shop, located inside West Chester Bowling Alley: The fish and chips here have been my favorite since I was a little girl. The portions are pretty big, the “chips” are tasty, and the tartar sauce is so good! My parents used to order take out and bring home for dinner as a treat.
- Murray Family Farms: For amazing fresh produce! Plus you can also go pick your own fruit along with tons of activities for kids including a little zoo.
- Smith’s Bakery: My favorite smiley face cookies and Champagne cake cupcakes that have ever existed and they almost ruined the whole trip for me. When we showed up they were out of BOTH. I was so upset I almost cried right there. No joke, I’m a 38-year-old woman who was almost brought to tears by this. So disappointing. That won’t stop me from saying you should make a trip to see them because you’ll never have cookies or champagne cake as great as these. Darn you for being out and crushing my dreams of happiness!! 😉
Now last but not least if you ever find yourself on a road-trip of this magnitude you WILL need to keep that energy up! I would not have been able to survive our trip without Primizie snacks to snack on but we also needed that caffeine from my High Brew Coffee stash!
I find High Brew coffee to be the most convenient for me to travel with. Not only are they cold brew coffee’s (double the caffeine) but they come in the perfect 8 ounce portable cans that not only fit in any cooler but they’re perfect in my purse when I’m on the go. I LOVE the Mexican Vanilla, Salted Caramel, and Dark Chocolate Mocha…. O.k, I’m not gonna lie I love them all. Discovery alert: while we were at the beach we also discovered how amazing my favorite whiskey, Austonian Whiskey pairs with High Brew Mexican Vanilla, SCORE! and it’s even more amazing warmed up, DOUBLE SCORE! The perfect pairing.
Now in order not to take up too much more of your time, I’m gonna cut this short and end with a couple of slide shows of our stops along the way including the Hoover Dam and the magnificent Grand Canyon. If you haven’t been to these places, GO. They are breathtakingly beautiful and no pictures will ever do them justice. Also, We saw between 10-15 rainbows (not all photographed) including double rainbows, along the way at totally different times. Gorgeous.
If you try out any of these products please share with me what you think. I’d love to hear from you. If you have any questions please be sure to reach out in the comments.
Thank you for reading! Don’t forget to like, comment, and share!
Until next time Lovers!
Disclaimer: I was provided with samples of the products listed in this blog IE; Primizie, High Brew Coffee, and Austonian Whiskey. The opinions stated are my own and because I truly enjoy my experience with these products. I am a member of the Amazon Affiliates program. I do get a little kick-back if you purchase anything through the Amazon links provided but you are not charged any additional from this. So please use these links and help a sista out 🙂